- Homework is assigned Monday-Thursday. However, unfinished work and reading may require weekend time.
- Assignments are written down daily in student agendas.
- Students will go to detention for incomplete homework. Detention forms will be sent home weekly for parent signature.
- Students are required to read independently 180 minutes per week.
- All reading should be done with AR books within their individual AR level. Each trimester students are reading to meet their AR goal. Reports will be sent home monthly.
36 minutes of reading Monday-Friday (5 days);
30 minutes of reading 6 days of week; or
26 minutes of reading every day
- Math homework is assigned regularly Monday-Thursday.
- Students have a working class notebook and classwork to help them with assignments.
- Students must show work on problems if possible.
- Most vocabulary and spelling units are based on Latin and Greek roots and affixes.
- Units are weekly with assignments Monday-Thursday.
- Tests are on Friday which include a separate score for spelling and vocabulary.
- Writing, Social Studies, and Science do not have regular homework. Students will have homework in these areas as needed to finish assignments from class or work on a project.
- Refer to student agendas for homework assignments.